Asbestos risk assessment consists of mapping all the materials suspected of containing asbestos, e-valuated in their state of preservation, together with a campaign of environmental sampling for de-termining the concentration of asbestos fibers in the air. These elements gives indications about the level of risk involved and helps to define the recom-mendations for the implementation of safety mea-sures during the cleanup, maintenance operations and during the time of any event which may cause an interaction with Asbestos Containing Materials.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the presence of asbestos and mineral fibers in ma-terials and the environment (water, soils, sedi-ments, waste, etc.)
- State of the art techniques (MOLP, IR, SEM and DRX)
- Monitoring and analysis of airborne asbestos fibers (working and living environments)
- Classification of mineral fibers
- Characterization of waste containing asbestos
- Identification of crystalline silica in environ-mental matrices and materials
- State of conservation assessment of asbestos-containing materials